Elite Soccer Player and Assistant Coach at Train Like a Pro Academy
FROM KAI’S INSTAGRAM
- Started walking at 9 months old
- Ran a 9.5 min mile at 3.5 years old
- Started Swimming, Gymnastics and Track at 3.5 years old
- Started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing and Muay Thai Kick Boxing at 3.5 years old
- Started Soccer practice and games at 4
- Started strength and conditioning routines at age 5
- Began winning 400m and 800m running races at age 5-7
- Played Flag Football at age 5
- Able to swim all 4 strokes and lap swimming by 5.5
- Transitioned to focus on soccer at age 6 dominating local competition
- Did a Summer Camp at World Class Soccer and got recruited to play two years ahead of his age. The only player to be invited.
- Advanced his training and conditioning at age 7 with a more sophisticated approach
- Became the leading goal and assist player on his team as the youngest player
- Currently able to train 2-3 times daily working on all the mental emotional tactical and physical aspects of Pro level training. I can train consistently for 3-5 weeks in a row before I need a break.
- Currently able to run at least 7 miles without stopping, have a VO2 max of 800m in about 3min or 6min mile pace, have a 40m sprint in 6.8 sec, 100m in 16.8 sec, 200m in 35 sec and 400m in 1:22. My beep test is above excellent level.
TYPICAL OFF SEASON WEEKLY ROUTINE
All sessions are performed with proper mentality, attitude, rest and nutrition
All sessions are specific with proper rest and duration to avoid exhaustion.
Active or Inactive
Easy lap swimming
Session 1. Strength/ Power Upper and Lower Body
Session 2. Speed
Session 3. Skill Development
Session 1. Skill/Shot Development
Session 2. Endurance 6-7 mile run easy in any weather
Session 1. Agility/Foot speed
Session 2. VO 2 Max Development Track and Soccer Specific
Group Soccer Practice optional
Session 1. Vision, Reflexes, Brain Training, Posture Endurance, Joint Health, Tissue and Spine Mobilization
Session 2. Skills and Shots 150-200 shots of any type and any situation
Session 1. Explosive Power/ Strength Training
Sled and Hill Sprints
Session 2: Max Speed 10-40m
Or Scrimmage Games
Session 1. Chaos Conditioning with and without the ball
Agility, Speed, 1st Step quickness, Acceleration, Stop and Go, Endurance
Skills with speed and precision
1 vs 1 defensive conditioning
ABOUT TRAIN LIKE A PRO ACADEMY
My father Terry Kerrigan developed this academy because of his desire to help kids, adults and seniors experience the power of consummate professional training that can be applied to any gender, age or ability level.
His education, experience and professional athletic background has enabled him to inspire as well as form smart training plans that can help anyone achieve anything.
I am living proof that his methods work. I see it with my brother Keanu too.
My father is a positive leader. He’s tough but he’s smart and fair. He has never endangered me or hurt my development.
Train Like a Pro Academy is fun and challenging. I guarantee you will improve and achieve your goals if you trust and commit to the process